CLINICAL TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship & Psychiatry Residency Training
• Two (2) psychiatrist positions are available for the Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship each year.
• Fellowship duration is one (1) year
Clinical Experiences and rotations:
• Broad clinical experience – (adolescent to adult)
• Adolescent Residential and Rehabilitation
• Consultant service to medical, surgical, OB/GYN and trauma units
• Comprehensive outpatient program (Addiction and Dual Diagnosis)
• Outpatient opioid maintenance therapy.
• Specialized clinics (Outpatient integrated HIV-psychiatric, addiction treatment program; Outpatient multidisciplinary pain management clinics)
• Crisis and emergency consultation
Research Training Opportunities
Several graduate students from the neuroscience program at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine are trained in the laboratory for a period of about three years to achieve a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in neuroscience.
Psychiatric residency fellows who wish to be involved in basic research related to
drug addiction are also welcome.
Yossef Itzhak, Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
• Research opportunity to work with established researchers in broad based areas including basic science, and clinical translational research.
• Participation in didactics for PGY 1-4 lectures, medical students and hospital staff teaching
• Light, primarily with program development.
Principal goal of fellowship training program:
• To provide addiction fellow(s) with skills and knowledge to provide expert treatment to the addicted population.
Ihsan M. Salloum, M.D., M.P.H., DFAPA
Chief, Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse: Treatment and Research
Director, Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship Program
Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
1120 N.W. 14th Street, Room 1450 (LC 28)
Miami, FL 33136, USA
Phone: (305) 243-7931